Friday, February 4, 2022

Award Eligibility from 2021

How soon hath time, that fickle thief of youth, stolen on his wing the year 2021? 

And 2020 for that matter.

It's March 11, 2020, and I'm at the Bookery in Manchester for a reading of my debut novel, The Light Years. The world shuts down.




Blink! It's August 2021, and I'm at Gibson's Bookstore in Concord doing an event for the launch of my second novel with Angry Robot Books, Twenty-Five to Life. Delta and omicron take their seats at the table and ask to be dealt in.




Blink! It's February 2022, and I'm only three months away from the publication of my third book, Mercury Rising, the inaugural title of "The First Planets" trilogy.




I'm honored to say Twenty-Five to Life made the (very) long list for the British Science Fiction Association awards. It's also eligible, should you have read and deemed the thing worthy, for the 2022 Hugo Awards and the 2022 Nebula Awards. If you have means and the urge, quoth my near favorite Monty Python sketch, "I'd love to be a mason. Masonry opens doors. I'd be very quiet, I was a bit on edge just now but if I were a mason I'd sit at the back and not get in anyone's way."

Many thanks, and may we proceed into 2022 without blinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment